viagens na india

Monday, August 28, 2006


Varkala, Kerala, South India

It was a beautiful morning. The sun raised itself gently, with all its power in the back of the house. I woke up to the clarity of the daytime and dragged myself to the varandah to sit on the bamboo chair on the porch and face the tropical forest ahead. The palm trees are so high and a few eagles fly around in search of food. I even saw a couple copulating this morning.

I can smell the sea and there's a small breeze arriving from its direction.
There's a freshness about the early mornings in India that is so lovely and leaves so quickly, that is so pleasant, I can't explain.
By 7am I start a long walk along the beach. The fishermen pull big ropes to catch their nets and bring them back to the sand full of fish. They ask me for help. Not because they really need it but because it's fun for them to see women helping them!
I laugh and carry my walk. Yoga starts at 8am with meditation and relaxation and finishes at 11am. Only after I eat my breakfast: porridge and fruit salad.
I am really happy I found a Yoga teacher that I really like and so I have classes every day now...
Then I read The Hindu Times, and worry for half an hour about the political and environmental world issues.
I realise there's more and more cases of chicken flu and make a conscious decision to become vegetarian again. I believe this is a sign from nature, a response for our mistreat and abuse of animals, but maybe I'm just crazy!!! Then I learn George Bush came to India, and I laugh of the puppet! When will he liberate America?

When will Americans liberate themselves?

I dive into the sea. And then, I stay there. There is no one around me for miles, I am on my own in the immense sea and it feels so warm and relaxing like a bath!
So I rest there for about two hours without effort. First I want to swim, and dive and play in the water. Sometimes the water comes into my mouth, it tastes salty and I caugh and laugh, and fight and tumble. Then I grow tired and I just stay there, quiet and still, letting the waves take me back and forth incessantly.
And I close my eyes and feel: wow! This is just like life. First you want to do things, then you grow tired, and you allow yourself to be still, to be carried with the flow!

But then, just then, a big wave comes and throws me into the beach with an umpredictable strength making me stumble and lose control till I get myself together, resisting the flow.

As I was saying "just like life! "

I look at Jacqui next to me swimming like a professional. In the back of her there's the mosque, high and luxuriant, beautiful! And I think of the Taj Mahal built for the sake of love!
And I wonder when will I be able to build something so massive for the sake of my lover, for the sake of all lesbians in this world?
It probably would be demolished in a second!

I smile in a secretive way like I meant to say I love you in a language only we understand, and I dive back into the deepness of the sea to forget the whole world again- and it's all light, and it's all good!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home